Amazing Stuff

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Could this be zinc, or pressed tin, or?

So,
whaddaya think?
                                                         
                                                                       Could this be~


                                                                            Zinc? or~


Pressed tin? orrrr~


Oven Bake Clay?
Weellll,


It used to be this~


Until I did this,

removed the red block that was the house,
sprayed it with Bullseye 1-2-3 primer,
Rolled out some clay and cut it to fit the coat rack,


                                               Stamped it with a lovely vintage inspired design,


Made 3 round pieces of clay to fit over the ends of the coat hooks,
stamped them,
formed them to the shape of the end of the hook,



                                                   Took a fun pic of the formed, stamped circles:) ,


Then I baked all the clay on a cookie sheet,

Hauled out the fabulous Gorilla Glue and glued the circles on,




put glue on the main part,


Carefully placed the large piece of clay on and lined it up with the rounded edge,


Then came the paint,


2 coats of dark gray,
Followed by a dry brushed layer of black,
and then a whitewashed layer of
ivory, pearl white, and a touch of dark gray.


So there you have it!


Not zinc, or tin, but CLAY!!


I totally love this look and I think I will try this on an old desk or nightstand.
Maybe glue a layer of the stamped clay to the drawer fronts?
Follow me and see!
(Although I am not promising when it is gonna happen~ might be a little while)

Linking:



this blessed nest topsy turvy tuesdaysMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia LINKPARTYBUTTON

PhotobucketPhotobucket




Make it Yours @ My Backyard EdenPhotobucket

Transformation ThursdayBeyond The Picket Fence
HookingupwithHoH
Party ButtonStinkin Cute Thursday Button
Stuff and Nonsense


Photobucket




A Little Knick Knack
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





monogram

Designer Garden





Lovely Crafty Home
Photobucket"/>

Iron Violet Designs

36 comments:

  1. Very interesting treatment!
    I thought you were gonna say it was textured wallpaper glued onto the board and pegs!
    this looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I am going to feature this on Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is insane! i love this project, turned out awesome. i'm your newest follower! thanks so much for sharing this at my party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are like a magician with your clay projects! WOW! I am so impressed! Love this! Thaks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That is really impressive! Love the look.
    http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is a great idea! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing, if you get time come link it up at my party:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this......love that it's clay! what a creative project you came up with....thank you for sharing - i'm popping over from Faded Charm~
    xoox, Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Clay can get expensive though, how much did a project like this cost?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo cool! I have seen this before, but have never tried it. This is very tempting.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What an amazing transformation! Very creative. Looking forward to seeing what else you create with the clay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, hope you share it this week at my linky party. I am feauturing last week's project from you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty! You are a master of the clay. I have been experimenting with some clay...which one do you use...if you don't mind telling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally gorgeous, I love this piece!!
    **smiles**

    ReplyDelete
  14. your work really paid of!! it's AMAZING!
    well done!
    gorgeous photos!
    happy night, :)
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing technique! Never would've guessed it was clay! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well that is very cool. What a great technique. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi K~

    Just dropped by your Etsy shop, looks like some lucky people bought some great items!! :) Thank you for linking up your shop to The Homespun Slate @ The Tattered Tag and allowing me to feature your wonderful treasures.

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is truly amazing - you're an inspiration!!! I'm dropping by from Good Life Wednesday and am a new follower :O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty. I followed you hope you follow me. Also i want to invite you to my first giveaway...

    You can find me here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my word - this is amazing! I would have never guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. No way! Oh I adore your inventiveness!

    I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Clay definitely would have been my last choice! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome job! What kind of clay did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! That is amazing, I wouldn't have thought to cover something like that in clay! Genius! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. this turned out amazing. what a difference. oh...the power of paint. i adore it.

    thanks for linking up with the SPRING FLING!

    happy weekend.
    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  26. i just love the look. awesome transformation from country bumpkin to very chic and modern. great idea. what type of clay did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful project! I can't wait to go try it myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. totally cool! You did an amazing job, I would NEVER have guessed it was clay! Thanks for linking up for the VIF party!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is fantastic! Can't believe it's clay- wow! It turned out so neat!! Thanks for sharing this at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. ingenious! i love this idea...very good way to repurpose an outdated fixture and turn it into something chic...thanks for sharing on ff!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Great idea! I especially like the detail you added to the pegs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a MIND you have! I love, love, love it! I have to do this now! Thank you so much for sharing this. 8>)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is amazing! I L.O.V.E. it! Great job.

    -Aaron {the girl with the boy's name}

    www.mudpiesandmarigolds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete